Frequently Asked Questions
- We will do a consult. Give us a call at 847-924-2390 or email Katie@crossroadsspeechtherapy.com
- We will schedule a time to complete an evaluation. We are currently seeing clients via teletherapy and in person.
- We will complete an evaluation that will provide you and us with more insight about how to specifically help your kiddo with their communication needs.
- We will provide you with an evaluation report detailing your child’s communication skills and deficits. Then, we will suggest a plan for moving forward with speech therapy if your child needs it.
- We see your child for weekly speech therapy sessions. We are often asked, “how many times a week do you recommend for my child to receive speech therapy?” The frequency will be dependent upon your child’s needs. Some children benefit from 2-5 sessions a week while others are recommended to receive 1 speech therapy session a week. Another question we often get is, “ How long will this take?” We will see your child until their goals are met. Each child is unique and every child is different. We see some clients for 3 months while others may work with us for a few years. We will continue to monitor your child’s progress and redefine goals every few months based on necessity.
- We will help your child become a more confident successful communicator and thrive!!!
Yes, we do! We are in-network with:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice
- United Healthcare